Every social media platform is unique, and useful in its own way. When we talk about social media marketing, we can’t apply the same methods to every site, and so it helps to know how and why people use each platform. Out of every major social media site, it is Facebook that stands out most. Over a billion people use Facebook daily around the world, and as a result, it has become a major social media marketing tool. Let’s explore the Facebook mindset.
Facebook is a place where people share photos, videos, and opinions, and it has become a major platform for the spreading of news. Most Facebook users are between the ages of 18 to 49 years old, with 50 to 64-year-olds a close second. Facebook allows for businesses to use various types of media to reach their audience. You can promote your website, create events, gain reviews, share a blog post, or post a video as a marketing tool. Facebook is also a place for discussion, which can be encouraged by posting to your audience.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when marketing on Facebook:
- Know your audience and interact with them
- Videos reach 135% more people than just an image
- Keep it short: 40 to 80 character posts receive the most engagement
- Stick to late afternoon posts, or after work hours if possible
- Don’t overdo it – posting more than twice a day can reduce engagement
- Wednesdays, Thursdays and weekends are the most popular days for users
- Keep your posts simple!